Wednesday 1 December 2010

Thursday, 18 November 2010

In all fairness it has been a mentally busy but physically quite week for me...alot of thought has been going in the levels and everything I seem to create I don't like or doesn't fit in then I decided that instead of trying to create things out of the blue I would create one single image made from a compliment of Josh Keyes works a level collage "take lightly" so using a couple of his pieces I have cropped, adjusted and rotated his images to turn them into a level we could see in out came and the result were very useful as it gave me a idea of which way I could go...



So from this I started to go off on one a draw/create other environments and then took into consideration the roads that we might have to use to connect the levels together and this was a bit of a mental fence as a few of us had come up with ideas on how to make the roads but they weren't looking as exciting as we wanted them to be as we had look into creating something like the race tracks you can see from the Wipeout games (Big kudos to the Wipeout guys love there games the new Wipeout HD Fury game is awesome) so I had a look around for things that may help us to create these twisted "Wipeout" like roads.



So with this video teaching me this technique I took to creating a few boxes that would represent a few levels and tried to connect them using roads that would twist bend and rotate around the levels and it was hard but the results in the end were more than worth it... with this technique we can create technical roads in a reasonable amount of time for normal roads or for more simple creations will will stick to a default tool in Maya2010 but these method seems the best at the moment for creating other roads we will need.



With the roads out the way...for now I turn my attention to getting out some concept art for our levels and I referred back to my picture I created using Josh Keyes images and started to create a world that would represent a wilderness and country feel, I looked a various things just as well as "wilderness" images as I was creating a environment which was not like any other I had seen before so with this I starting doodling a few things and jotting annotations down to get the creating petroleum going... few hours later and a couple of energy drinks and strange lines on the page started to form some sort of imagery.. alas a first concept image this was to take the form of a cute little bear village that was suffering from neighbourly pollution.



Now how about we pop this image into PhotoshopCS5....



How about another image that came together...



I really like this one it might not be the most interesting to look at but man this could be one hell of a maze level for us the water pocket bits you can see would go all around the diamond almost entangling the object and you could swim all the way around reaching different areas but at the same time trying to get to a certain part would be fun. Touch of CS5 is in order???



Grass looks ok at the moment but you can get the idea of the level from this..going to add a bit more detail later but this will be fine fro the presentation we have coming up soon, the background is a image were thinking of developing and using as a skybox its out of resolution there but that will be sorted. Anyway we came up with a team name as y'know were that awesome we need one so we came up with one didn't like it so that's a work in progress and we have a new character called Hooch who I think is absolutely awesome check Ollie Elliot's blog for him.

Anyway ta ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment